My goodness, it’s the first month of the year and I’m already slacking on the blog. January has been pretty busy with work, family, a couple bouts of illnesses, but I am still feeling excited and elated in this new year—go 2014!
I have high hopes and lofty expectations for this year. Mostly, I am working on being fully engulfed in the present while remaining excited for the future. Here are a few of my guiding principles throughout this year:
- Chaos will not be the compass that directs my thoughts and actions.
- Love will not be something I hide away in the bricks of my great wall of self.
- Regret and yesterday’s pain will not dictate how I live today and tomorrow.
- Passion will not be diffused by fear.
- Optimism will not be diluted by adulthood.
Throughout the upcoming months, I’ll work on adding to this list. It’s often important to reflect on how you’re living, reacting, and enjoying your time on this earth because that time can be so short as I was recently reminded.
Write from a good place. Write from the heart.
Dedication: I am dedicating this post to my great-uncle, Joseph who passed yesterday. He was a wonderful man incredibly dedicated to God and his family. Rest with God, Uncle Joe.